A Seminar was hosted by CLAWS at the Manekshaw Centre on 14 December 2011 to commemorate four decades of India’s Victory against Pakistan in 1971. Titled ‘1971 War: India’s Greatest Victory’, the seminar was chaired by Gen VP Malik, PVSM, AVSM (Retd), former Chief of Army Staff. The keynote address was delivered by Air Cmde Jasjit Singh, AVSM, VrC, VM (Retd), Director, Centre for Air Power Studies (CAPS). The Seminar was attended by a large number of veterans, serving officers, media persons, members of the strategic community and others. The speakers and the subjects covered were as under:
- Politico-Diplomatic Synergy: AVM Kapil Kak, AVSM, VSM (Retd), Addl Director, CAPS.
- Liberation of Bangladesh: Maj Gen GD Bakshi, SM, VSM (Retd).
- Role of Mukti Bahini in India’s Victory: Capt (IN) Alok Bansal, Senior Fellow, CLAWS.
- Strategy in the West: Maj Gen Dhruv Katoch, SM, VSM (Retd), Addl Director, CLAWS.
- Military Lessons Learnt: Maj Gen Ashok Mehta, AVSM, (Retd), former GOC 57 Mtn Div and leading Defence Analyst.