Vacancy at CLAWS
VACANCY FOR RESEARCH ASSISTANT
- Vacancies of Research Assistant are available at Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS). CLAWS is an independent ‘Think Tank’ under the army and function five days a week from 0930 hours to 1700hrs. Contract will be for two years.
- Preference will be given to candidates having exposure in Studies related to Pakistan and Terrorism.
(a) Essential Qualification.
(i) Graduate or equivalent degree with IT skill in the field for research work any one of the vertical related to Global and Regional Security/National Security /Military Strategy and Doctrine/ Military Technology, Defence Acquisition and Management.
(ii) Higher Educational Qualification and experience in the field will be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English and
(b) Consultancy Fee - Rs 18,750/- 1,250/- 22,000/- per month.
2. Charter of Duties:-
(a) Research and study on the subject under assigned research vertical.
(b) Write two Manekshaw papers of minimum 10,000 words during the contract period on the subject assigned.
(c) Write one Issue Brief on the subject per quarter assigned during the period of contract.
(d) Write web focus article one per month on the subject assigned during the period of contract. Additional web focus articles on other subjects will be appreciated.
(e) It is desirable that you contribute articles in Scholar Warrior/Issue Brief/Web Articles as per CLAWS research areas.
(f) Conduct one seminar or workshop or round table conference during each year on the subject assigned and prepare the report..
(g) Liaise with Government departments, educational institutions, Think Tanks and individuals, as applicable, and use available material documents, records etc for research including travel outside Delhi.
(h) Compile, transcribe and edit papers and proceedings of events like seminars, discussions etc, held by CLAWS, for their eventual publication in the form of a book/ monographs/research paper.
(j) Assist other researchers to organize events for CLAWS.
(k) Any other task assigned by Director/Additional Director or as delegated. Such tasks may include maintaining the library, archives and website or CLAWS, looking after publication etc.
- It is mandatory to attend all seminars/RTs organized by CLAWS.
- It is desirable that you contribute articles in Indian newspaper/magazines on contemporary international affairs.
2. Requested to forward updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) by 13 October 2017 at [email protected] and [email protected] .
VACANCY FOR THE POST OF DIRECTOR, CLAWS
1. One vacancy for the post of Director, CLAWS will be available with Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS) wef 01 December 2017. CLAWS is an independent ‘Think Tank’ under the army and function five days a week from 0930 hours to 1700hrs.
(a) Desirable Qualifications. The appointment is for a “Two years” contract, which can be renewed depending on the performance and mutual consent. The following are the desired qualifications:-
(i) Experience and knowledge of the current geo strategic situation and thinking on Land Warfare issues.
(ii) The Director should be HC/HDMC and NDC qualified. Academic qualifications including Phd will be given preference.
(iii) Published work including books on Strategic and Land Warfare is desirable.
(iv) Experience of working in similar think tank(s)/institutions/orgs will be given preference.
(v) Age preferably below 70 years.
(b) Consultancy Fee – Fixed Rs 75,000/- per month
(c) Charter of Duties
(i) Director CLAWS is the ‘head of staff’ appointed on a contractual basis and is responsible for Academic and Administrative functioning of CLAWS.
(ii) Plan research and study subjects at CLAWS and assign responsibilities to scholars.
(iii) Plan and organize international, national and CLAWS seminars.
(iv) Organize periodic events as approved by BoG.
(v) Publish CLAWS Journals, Scholars Warriors and Seminar Reports.
(vi) Conduct events outside Delhi after prior sanction of Chairman BoG/ President EC.
(vii) Be custodian of CLAWS funds on behalf of Chairman BoG and exercise prudence in expenditure of CLAWS funds.
(viii) Member Secretary of CLAWS Board of Governors and Executive Council.
(ix) Develop linkages with other reputed institutions i.e. Think Tanks, Universities and Academia both at National and International levels.
(x) Ensure proper record of all decisions taken at the meeting of the Board of Governors and Executive Council.
(xi) Advise Chairman BoG on all matters of administration and policy of CLAWS and implement BoG decisions.
(xii) Sign jointly with the Chairman of the Board of Governors (BoG) or other members on contracts, suits, documents and deeds pertaining to CLAWS.
(xiii) Sign, jointly with President of the Executive Council (EC), where necessary on contracts, suits, documents and deeds pertaining to CLAWS.
(xiv) To provide direction and guidance to PROMEX.
2. Requested to forward CV by 25 October 2017 at [email protected] and [email protected] .
Research Intern: 01 vacancy
Open to all civilians who have a Graduate degree from a recognised university. Duration of internship is for a period of three months, extendable by another three months.
Job Requirements :
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to start work immediately at short notice.
Charter of Duties:
- Ability to carryout web research.
- Upload approved research material on the CLAWS website on a daily basis in coordination with Deputy Director/Additional Director.
- Draft Seminar Reports.
- Manage Seminar related assignments.
Consultancy Fee – Rs 10,000/- per month
Requested to forward suitable Bio-data by 28 Sept2017 at [email protected] and [email protected] .
How to apply:
Please send your application and CV by email at [email protected] or by post to:-
Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS)
Army Parade Ground