To enrol in the PhD programme, the officer candidates need to fulfil the following mandatory requirements:-
- Minimum service of 15 years.
- Minimum 60% marks in their Post Graduate programme (PG may be in any field).
- Minimum two publications prior to applying for PhD preferably in a field related to available broad subjects for PhD to include online/ book chapters/ journal articles. Preference will be given to publications in refereed journals, the details of which will be made available on the CLAWS website. At CLAWS, articles may be accepted in CLAWS Journal, as Manekshaw Papers and chapters in edited volumes, if found suitable for publication.
- A comprehensive research proposal which is to be forwarded along with the application inclusive of survey of literature, scope & definition, research methodology, research questions, hypotheses and tentative chapterisation. Sample format of the Research Proposal will be made available on the CLAWS website.
- Application form should be duly counter-signed by the Initiating Officer (IO).
Note: Ml clearance may also be necessary before submission of the thesis by the officer to MAHE, in conformity with the subject policy, if it is so felt during scrutiny at CLAWS.
Procedure for Registration to PhD under the Initiative:
As per the UGC guidelines and CLAWS-MAHE Loi, CLAWS will serve as a sub-centre of MAHE to scrutinise the applications from officers. Registration for the course will be carried out through a three tier system as follows:-
- Preliminary short listing of the candidates by a ‘Selection and Review Board (SRB)’ at CLAWS.
- The recommendations by SRB will be forwarded to a committee consisting of members from the Department of Geopolitics and International Relations, MAHE and co-supervisors from CLAWS for further scrutiny.
- The final selection of the candidates for registration will be done by the Doctoral Advisory Committee (DAC), MAHE with consultation from CLAWS.