Promotion Exam Correspondence Pre Course (PROMEX) for Part B/D Promotion Exams for Officers
- Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS) is conducting correspondence pre-course for the Promotion Exams Part B and Part D for Officers since November 2014 through PROMEX which has been established at CLAWS premises at Army Parade Ground, Delhi Cantt.
- Pre-course for promotion exams will primarily be distant learning with a provision for online/physical interaction.
- To provide quality study material and guidance to service officers appearing in promotion exams Part B and Part D (less Special to Corps / Arm) to enable them to pass the same with ease.
Conduct of Pre-Course
- The Correspondence pre-course will aim to build upon the study undertaken by the officers. It will be directed to channelise the focus and thought the process of the enrolled officers towards holistic preparation for the subject exam.
- The conduct of the correspondence course will be through the study material dispatched at regular intervals and Three sample question papers along with answers for subjects as applicable for the selected examination.
- The question papers will be set by selected Subject Experts on the pattern of the actual examination and will cover all important aspects of the subjects in a graduated manner.
- In order that officers are able to derive maximum benefit from the course, they will be required to answer the test papers in their own time under examination conditions and send the answer sheets to the PROMEX for correction/guidance. Each answer sheet so received will be corrected by the concerned Subject Expert and returned to the officer along with detailed comments and personal guidance/notes. If desired, the students can personally interact with the subject experts at PROMEX physically, whenever in Delhi.
- Enrolment to PROMEX is open to all service officers at anytime during the currency of the respective pre-course, i.e. December to May for Part B and March to September for Part D. Interested officers are required to apply on the prescribed application form for PROMEX, which may be downloaded from web site: https://www.claws.in and submitted on-line.
- Application may also be fwd either through APO (hard copy) or email (scanned copy) at the address given below. A copy of the Application form in PDF format is enclosed.
Time Lines for Dispatch of Course Material
- The Study Material will be sent by post as per the following timelines keeping in mind the general schedule of Part B and Part D Exams in the past:-
|S/No||Description||Part B (Exam in Jun)||Part D (Exam in Nov)|
|1||Dispatch of initial set of study material||01 Feb||01 Jul|
|2||Dispatch of sample paper 1||01 Mar||01 Aug|
|3||Dispatch of sample paper 2||01 Apr||01 Sep|
|4||Dispatch of sample paper 3||01 May||01 Oct|
Note: In case of any change in the Exam schedule by the MT Dte, above schedule will be suitably modified.
- PROMEX will be working on “no profit no loss” basis and the subscription charges have been designed accordingly. These are as follows:-
|Complete Set||Individual Subjects|
|Part B||Rs. 2000/-||Tactics / Adm / Mil Law “Rs. 500/- each. Mil History / Current Affairs “Rs. 600/- each.|
|Part D||Rs. 2500/-||Tactics / Adm / Mil Law “Rs. 600/- each. Mil History / Current Affairs “Rs. 700/- each.|
- Individual Officer members of CLAWS will be given 50% discount on the Complete Set/Subject Fees mentioned above. The CLAWS membership number should be mentioned in the Application Form to avail of the discount.
Mode Of Payment
- Multicity Cheque / Demand Draft in favour of PECPCCpayable at Delhi Cantt.
- Details for online transfer of fee through NEFT/RTGS/IMPS are as under:-
|Name of Acct holder||PECPCC|
|Name of Bank||HDFC|
Note : In case of online transaction. Please attach transaction slip along with application form.
Brig Girish Joshi
PROMEX c/o CLAWS
RPSO Complex, Army Parade Ground
(a) Army ASCON : 34156
(b) Civil : 011-20893146
(c) E Mail : [email protected]
DO From Chief Instructor
PROMEX Form for Part B or Part D (Oct, 2020)